- 275 gr / 500 ml Self-raising Flour
- 125 ml Cooking Oil
- 150 ml Boiling Water
- 2 ml Salt
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced and minced 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ml salt
- 2 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ml sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to saute
- 200gr Bacon bits (Fried in Olive Oil)
- 4 strips streaky bacon (Fried in Olive Oil)
- 200 gr Pepperoni (the not so spicy one)
- 10 ml Finely chopped fresh garlic
- 200 gr Grated Full Cream Mozzarella Cheese
- 100 gr Grated Parmesan (added as pizza comes out of the oven)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Put all dough ingredients in a seal-able plastic container.
- Shake up and down, left and right, until it forms a dough.
- Push dough lightly in a circle/oval/any shape on a baking sheet.
- Now make the tomato sauce. In a heavy bottom saucepan, add the olive oil, over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and saute about a minute until golden.
- Quickly add the tomatoes to the mix. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add the fresh basil & dried oregano. Add a touch of sugar if desired.
- Simmer on a low heat, stirring often for at least 15 minutes until right consistency.
- (Can be stored in a airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week after cooled down.)
- Spread the pre made tomato sauce over the pizza base.
- Add pre fried bacon bits, bacon strips, pepperoni and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30minutes at 180°C till crust is baked and cheese melted.