- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup of crushed chocolate biscuits (Oreos or Romany creams)
- 1 heaped cup of fat-free cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of crème fraiche
- 800g of strawberries
- 2 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- I Lemon (1 Tbsp juice)
- 1 Tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Melt the butter
- Crush the biscuits in a blender or in a ziploc bag and bashed with a rolling pin
- Add crushed biscuits to melted butter and mix well. Divide the mixture between 4 pretty glasses. Leave to chill in the refrigerator.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces (reserve 4 whole strawberries for decoration).
- Put chopped strawberries in a pan with a 1 Tbsp of Icing sugar and 1 Tsp of Balsamic vinegar. Cook until soft. Mash and leave to cool.
- Juice the lemon (1Tbsp).
- Beat the cream cheese and creme fraiche together until light and fluffy.
- Fold the icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla essence into the cream mixture.
- Spoon the strawberry pulp onto the biscuit base.
- Spoon the cream mixture into the glasses.
- Top with decoratively sliced strawberries, flaked almonds and fresh mint leaves. Chill till ready to serve.