- 200g Hake fillet
- Table spoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Robertsons fish spice
- Mixed dried herbs
- Seafood spice
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ a cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- Handful of baby corn
- Handful of green beans
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 small gherkins or 1 large gherkin, finely chopped
- Put water on to boil for vegetables.
- Add seasoning to the flour. Dip the fish fillet in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip it into the egg followed by the bread crumbs. Set aside in the fridge to firm
- Add salt to the boiling water and put the vegetables in to cook.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Mix the mayonnaise, onions and gherkins together. Put into a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Put the crumbed fish into the pan to fry.
- Check vegetables. When cooked but still firm, drain and set aside.
- Turn fish and cook the other side till golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, draining off the oil.
- Serve with the vegetables and the tartare sauce on the side.