Short crust pastry:
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- Cold water
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 lemon (zest)
- vanilla pod
- strawberry jam (to show a variant)
- fresh strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, seedless grapes (preferably green)
- flake chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Sieve the flour into a bowl
- Add the butter bit by bit, rubbing in with your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of cold water and mixt to a firm dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put into the fridge to chill while making the filling.
- Mix together the mascarpone, castor sugar, lemon zest and vanilla seeds
- Roll out the dough and cut to required size. Line cups of a muffin tray with the dough and prick lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes till golden
- When cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool
- When cooled, fill the pastry cups by adding a spoon of jam followed by a spoon of mascarpone
- Top with the sliced berries and crumble the chocolate over