- 500g pasta – shells or twists
- 500g beef mince
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1x Onion, finely chopped
- 1 of each – red, yellow and green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 30g tomato paste
- 250ml beef stock
- 500g frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tbsps dried herbs – Italian mix
- Salt and pepper
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain and set aside.
- Fry the onion on medium heat till translucent. Add the pepper and fry.
- Add mince and fry till brown, breaking up any lumps that form
- Add tomato paste and stir through
- Season with salt and pepper and add Italian herbs
- Stir in beef stock
- Cook till stock has been absorbed and mince is soft. (About 20 minutes)
- Stir in frozen vegetables.
- Mix mince and vegetable mixture into the pasta.
- Put into oven proof dish. Top with cheese and bake till cheese has melted and is golden.
Serve and enjoy! Yum.Me!