- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250g smooth cottage cheese
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried oreganum
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Lasagna pasta sheets
- In a bowl, mix together the chopped tomato, dried herbs and fresh parsley. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat some oil and brown the mince. Season to taste.
- In another bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, ½ cup of cheddar and a generous pinch of parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now for the layering. On the bottom of a baking dish, layer three sheets of pasta. Top with the tomato mixture followed by the mince and then the cottage cheese mix. Add another layer of pasta and repeat the layers ending with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes until the pasta is soft.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with a fresh green salad.