- 250g basmati rice .
- 500g fresh chicken fillet, cut into cubes
- 250ml fresh cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 or 5 curry leaves
- A handful of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion over medium heat till translucent. Add ginger and garlic and fry for a minute or 2.
- Add in all spices, except curry leaves and coriander, and cook gently till aromatic
- Add in chicken and coat with spice mixture.
- Add cream, curry leaves and cook till done
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Serve with basmati rice cooked according to instructions on the packet