- 500g spaghetti
- 1table spoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stick celery, trimmed and chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 x 400g, can diced tomatoes
- Grated cheese for presentation
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Stir until softened.
- Add mince, stir with a wooden spoon for 6 to 8 minutes until it’s brown.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, half cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer and cover for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain
- While waiting for mince to cook, cook pasta in a large sauce pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and divide pasta among serving bowls, spoon over sauce.
- Served topped with cheese