- 125g unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp raisins (optional
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking tray or baking dish.
- Spread the puff pastry out, and spread the cubed butter pieces out across the surface of the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle all over with cinnamon and sugar and if you want to add raisins, sprinkle some raising on top, distributing it evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle grated apple evenly over the surface.
- Roll the dough tightly along the long side into a spiral.
- Slice into pieces, about 2.5cm thick each. Place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Stir together the icing ingredients and pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Enjoy immediately.