Short crust pastry:
- 250 gr cake flour
- 125 gr butter
- 45 ml chilled water
- Pinch of salt
- 4 rashers bacon – streaky
- 100gr grated cheese ( cheddar or Gruyere)
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Micro leaves
- Balsamic reduction
- Sieve flour and salt for short crust pastry,
- Rub in butter gently till it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Bind the pastry together with just sufficient water to mix.
- With very light kneading, press into bowl.
- Wrap up and allow to rest (20 mins) in the refrigerator.
- Once rested, gently roll out the pastry and lay it in the greased tin.
- Cover with baking parchment, fill with rice to weight it down and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, cut and fry the bacon until cooked. Sprinkle on top of pastry and cover with grated cheese.
- Beat the eggs well add cream and seasoning and pour over cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins at 190 degrees.
- To serve, top with micro herbs and a drizzle of balsamic reduction