- 200g solid piece of Gemsbok fillet
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Pepper grinder with black peppercorns
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sliced mushrooms
- 125 ml beef stock
- 250 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon Bisto
Crunchy Rainbow Salad:
- 1 packet Rocket
- 200 g ripe strawberries
- 1 cucumber
- 2 circles plain Feta
- 1 Avocado
- 1 yellow pepper
- 90 g Honey Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Prepare salad by cutting salad ingredients to bite size chunks.
- Drizzle with feta, seeds and salad dressing.
- Set aside till needed
- Heat butter in pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and fry until soft.
- Add beef stock and ground pepper. Add cream and simmer until thickened.
- Heat griddle pan till smoking hot
- Rub steak with oil and season well
- Place the steaks in the griddle pan and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes for medium or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well.
- Serve steak topped with sauce and the salad on the side.