- 10 Baby potatoes (5 per person)
- Handful fresh parsley
- 2 Fresh salmon steaks with skin – 1 per person
- A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- I onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Green chilli – finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 175g Sugar snap peas/mangetout
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add a glug of olive oil, garlic, onion, soya sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chilli, lemon juice and zest to a bowl. Mix well.
- Brush salmon fillets with the marinade mixture. Set aside to marinade.
- Rinse potatoes and boil in salted water till soft. When done, dress with a bit of butter and roughly torn parsley
- Steam or boil mange tout till cooked but still crunchy.
- Heat a large frying pan till hot. Add a knob of butter.
- Place salmon into pan skin side down. Fry till skin is crispy
- Turn and fry on the other side, taking care not to overcook the salmon
- When done, serve with mange tout and baby potatoes