- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 ½ cup cake flour
- ¾ cup vegetable oil (sunflower)
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the topping
- 500ml cream
- Tin of caramel
- 1 large box astro sweets
- 4 large KitKat chocolates
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease two round cake tins
- Cream together eggs and castor sugar till pale and fluffy
- Mix water and cocoa powder till all cocoa dissolved
- Sieve together flour, baking soda and baking powder and add to egg mixture
- Mix well.
- Add oil, vanilla essence and cocoa mixture.
- Mix and pour into prepared cake tins
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until done
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack
- When completely cool, cover one piece of cake with caramel and sandwich together with other piece of cake.
- Top cake with whipped cream and sides with whipped caramel
- Firmly press Kit Kat fingers onto sides of cake till fully covered
- Sprinkle Astros over top of cake and serve.