- 1 cup (250g) butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with shortening; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Once butter is completely melted add in sugar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Beat in cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla, eggs.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared pan (batter will be very thick).
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!